Friday 14 December 2012

A sotry from Greece





             Dear Persephone,

Your absence devours my heart like a famished wolf delights his first meal after month and month of abstain from eating. I feel like one of those wandering hopeless souls who stride along my underground kingdom.
I’m rocked by the melancholy of Charon crossing the Styx on his dark bark, singing a Lacrimosa which does not yet exist. But any lullabies can help me to sleep. Any ghost whispers, any agonizing moan, any tearful mother’s wailing, any human desperation have succeed to appease my loneliness.
Do you enjoy the life out there? Do you miss me?  I neglect my King of Hell‘s duties, thinking of you in this beautiful world full of happiness and pleasures. How can I imagine taking you back in my cold, dark place? But am I not Hades?  I despise their wishes.
 Why being immortal if I can’t be with you forever? I don’t care about their laws and their obligations.
Sorry, I’m being rude but our separation drives me insane.
Fortunately, your return is close. The winter will cover the world from above of his freezing snow and you will recover your throne. And nothing will interfere with our passion for four month in our cozy home.  

                With all my love.

                               Your devote husband.
                               Hades.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment